After the Ignite Session about the new storage spaces direct feature in Windows Server 2016 TP2 I created 4 node cluster on my newly created 2016 TP2 Hyper-V stand-alone host and added it to VMM 2016 TP to play little bit with it, and I discovered that I can manage and even deploy VMs to the clustered file share. It is not that performant but it works 😉
How did I get there, you ask?
- Create a 2016 TP2 template
- Deploy 4 VMs for the SSD Cluster
- Add a few disks to each VM
- Create a new fileserver cluster in VMM
- Create shares and assign them to you Hyper-V hosts